Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
Now this is fun! Seriously. Thanks Michelle W. This is a good time for me to look at my life or how my life have been since the doctors told me that I have an anxiety disorder. This is so therapeutic.
I will not only think of any particular six but instead I will be writing three sets of six unique, exciting, and plain odd things about me.
SIX UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I am a child of God which means God created me from His image. He molded me and fashioned me to who or what I am today. He loves me so much He also sent His precious son to die on the cross in my stead. That’s why I am unique. But, he did not only die for me. He also died for you too. God created you too. Therefore, I should always be kind to you.
2. I am the eldest daughter of my father and mother. Yes, you might think it’s not unique for me it is because I could have been the youngest or the middle child but God knew even when my parents were forming me that I was going to be a responsible person and so I am.
3. I am a bit OC. Yes, it sounds like a disorder but being one helps me to be organized, clean, and feel safe. There’s no harm in checking three times if the appliances have been turned off and unplugged before leaving the house, right?
4. Mix and match. I don’t like wearing socks in right pairs. I like wearing a different color on the left and another color on the right. I just like it that way. 🙂
5. Bible+Moisturizer+Stuffed Doll/Animal+Pink Fluffy Blanket. Whenever I sleep, I have to have all these three beside me and the fluffy blanket wrapping me. I just can’t sleep without them therefore even when I go for sleepovers I carry them with me. 😀
6. Dresses. Whether I go to church, work, or just to hang out, I always wear dresses. They’re just comfortable for me and I feel very girly. 😀
SIX EXCITING THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I am a teacher which means I get to experience different things everyday. I may teach two English classes and two journalism classes but it doesn’t mean that my experiences in the first batch are the same in the second batch. Students responses vary. Some groups are fun to teach while some are challenging. Some lessons are easy while some are difficult to teach. Everything is different.
2. Uhmm, I’m not sure what people see in me but most of them just like to entrust me with this and that. Responsibilities at work or church have always been there with me since the day I began schooling. Here in Thailand, not a week goes by that I don’t have anything to prepare for church. It may sound like a burden to you but it is not to me. I actually enjoy serving God in whatever capacity I can.
3. If you ask me to sing, I’d say, just ask me to pray please. I can’t sing solo in public but I can pray, preach, facilitate activities, etc on my own by God’s grace. I really like music but it does not like me much, I guess. When I was 11 years old, my mom enrolled me in a piano class but attended recorder class instead. Someone special in college tried to teach me how to play a guitar but to no avail. I went to Korea and had to learn an instrument. There was a violin class for teachers but I chose cello instead. I even attended Korean traditional drum class and successfully survived it! See my point? I am not so musically-inclined but the Lord has been exposing me to it that now I am always excited to play cello or violin at church. My angklung group director even asked me to play cello or violin while the rest of the group play angklung! What a privilege to serve God! 🙂 Oh, just recently someone told me that he likes the sound of my cello. I thought people can’t hear me because there are many violinists at church but they do. Praise God for this gift of music!
4. I can talk about God on and on. I never say “no” when asked to talk about Him. I am always ready to tell people about Him.
5. Nomad. I don’t have a permanent address. I’ve studied in six different schools from elementary to graduate school. I’ve lived in dormitories for most of my “academic” life. I’ve worked in four different institutions now and I look forward to serving God in different parts of the world. I like travelling…a lot!
6. I am a Seventh-day Adventist which means I keep the seventh-day Sabbath and wait for Jesus Christ’s soon return. Going to church every Sabbath, meeting my friends and colleagues, worshiping God with them is already exciting. How much more is waiting for Christ’s soon return? Isn’t it exciting enough?
SIX PLAIN ODD THINGS ABOUT ME
1. Strong sense of smell
2. Wild imagination from too much reading, watching, and thinking
3. Fear: dogs, closed areas, darkness, etc.
4. Tend to push people away for fear of being hurt
5. sings “Jesus is all the world” when afraid or panicking
6. buys three or four pieces of clothes of the same style 😀 most of my clothes are black hahaha…got a closet full of black dresses, shirts, pants, etc
So, this is me. 😀